Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Time to say goodbye


With this, my last blog entry of the year, I wanted to take a moment to thank all of the 7.8/3 students for their scholarship and their diligent work this year. It has been my privilege to guide them through American History.
So much is left to be written. For those who are moving on to high school, I wish you all my best as you recognize in the most direct of terms that "the fight goes on, the cause endures, and the dream shall never die." I hope you are able to take chances with your identities in the future in embracing opportunities that will open new doors to you. I hope you continue with your scholarship and recognize that the idea of being able to be a true scholar and a good person are two of the most difficult challenges all individuals face. I hope that you are able recognize our paradigm offered by Dorothy's quest, in that all of us there are elements we need to find in order to recognize that "there's no place like home."
For those who will be returning for their last year at Julian, I wish you a restful summer. I also hope that you reflect on both the successes this year as well as the mistakes made. It is my hope that when you return you will be able to maximize the former and minimize the latter, or at least avoiding making some of the same errors the last time around. If our paths cross again, I will apologize for all of the work you will do for me. If our path do not cross again, I will apologize for all of the work you had to do for me. In either case, I wish you nothing but the best as I hope to see you in August on that first day, which for all of you will mark the beginning of the end of your Julian experience.
Best wishes to all of you. Thank you all for being you.
Mr. Kannan
Photo courtesy of: http://www.flickr.com/photos/anuprajg/2154587934/sizes/z/in/photostream/ and http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

No comments:

Post a Comment