Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Behold! The Power of the Writing Process Awaits!


Click below for a copy of the Zinn Assessment.  Even though you were given one in class on Tuesday of last week and it has been annotated, here’s another copy.

Outside of my attempts to sound like Charlton Heston, it is true that this is the week for reveling in the prewriting and drafting stages.  Students have received their Zinn Assessments.  The Close Reading Activity is going to be where their focus will lie.  On Tuesday and Wednesday, students will receive their passages that shall form the basis of their Close Reading Activities.  Following the schedule they received this past Tuesday and is also posted below, students can navigate through this harrowing terrain of scholarship through the use of the rough draft process:


Monday, December 2- In class work on completing parts I and II of Assessment.  Close Reading Passages given on Wednesday.
HW:  Make Progress on completing Parts I and II.  By Wednesday night, Parts I and II should be finished.  Folders to place work for Parts I and II will be given out tomorrow and if you want to submit Parts I and II before hand, you may do so.

Tuesday, December 3- Discuss the basic concept of Close Reading Passages.  Start making progress on answering questions.  If you want to pick up your Close Reading Passage, you can do so at lunch today.  They will be ready.
HW:  Finish Parts I and II by tomorrow.

Wednesday, December 4-   In class work on Close Reading Passage.  Rough Drafts can be sent, shared, or given to me and will be read until December 9.  The room will be open for lunch if you have any questions.
HW:  Parts I and II should really be done. Start reading over the Close Reading Passage.

Thursday, December 5  In class work on Close Reading Passage.  Rough Drafts can be sent, shared, or given to me and will be read until December 9. Breakouts during class.  The room will be open for lunch if you have any questions.
HW:  Work on your Close Reading Passage.  Aim for getting two questions done tonight and then send them off for rough drafts to me.

Friday, December 6-  In class work on Close Reading Passage.  Rough Drafts can be sent, shared, or given to me and will be read until December 9. Continue breakouts. The room will be open for lunch if you have any questions.

HW:  Work on your Close Reading Passage.  Aim for getting three or four done.  Send them off to me as rough drafts.  Passage One People- You must have the Identification, done, as well.

It is my belief that the use of the rough draft process will help all of our students, our emerging writers and scholars find success in a domain that will be with them the rest of their academic being:  Writing.
I hope that I can count on your help, the stakeholders, to ensure that our students do what needs to be done and submit rough drafts, multiple rough drafts, of their writing this week.

If I can be of any further help or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
All best.
Mr. Kannan

No comments:

Post a Comment